Some changes that can improved this game:
1. Right now if you send a ship on a very long long way, the game takes like 15 seconds to get to the point you send it. But on very long distances it takes like 1 minute or more (the game get freezes during that time). I believe that the game should forget to show on graphics all the path of the ship after some distances. It is nice to see ships moving but this game is about strategy, so balance should be focus on make the game play faster.
2. When I created my own map, it looks like that when I put many block objects (like dead planet) to block some parts of the map, when the computers make his turns it takes very long time, making the game taking too much time each turn. But if I take off the block objects games turns are normal.
3. Before Patch 2.5, during game turn, I could make changes to bases on planets, but a building, change technologies going on, updated ships etc. But now after patch 2.5 game get a little more freeze during turns. I am not sure if that is because I am playing on and Insane map.
4. Bases, should add a button that allow to upgrade all the bases same time. If the money costs to do it is higher than available money, then it should update only the bases the money can support.
5. When you updated ships, if the money cost is more than the available money then the game updated ships but you get negative money. The game should only updates those ships that available money can support no more and so no negative money.
6. Some races are at war with 4 or more races. There should be a limitation about how many races computers can be at war with. If a computer races wants to declare a war to a races that is already in war with 3 races, then game should block the war declaration. At the end of game, it is okay if all races be in war.
7. Technology research are still running too fast. Should be 2 more options: ultra-slow research and ultra-ultra slow research.
8. When ships fight, my graphic card gets freeze almost in all battles on ending games. The game is not freeze but the battle is going very slow because of so many ships fighting. The game should have simulation that limit the amount of battle action on the graphic. Let’s say, you put 100 Plasma Laser on a Huge Ship, then the graphic card will only manage 10 of them. In that way the graphic card will show the battle. May be some players want to see the 1000 Plasma Laser action, then adding a button on game options that allow the battle simulation will be a good solution.
9. Right now even the patch 2.50 allow the modding, I have seen that changes make too trade buildings or commodities are not working on modding.
10. Dreadlord, Peacekeeper, Space Monster are great for ending game. But they need to be a lot more powerful and need at least 15 turns not body can invade his planets (Dread Lord).