Hello, like many fans I have questions for the next dev stream - btw I'm enjoying the dev streams very much!
(Please Note: My questions come from the POV of one who cannot play the beta game since I cannot afford to upgrade my PC yet for a couple more months )
Concerning solar systems and resources, and modding:
1) Will there be bigger solar systems possible, i.e. more than 5 planets? Can modders fiddle with this number (in xml)?
2) Are purple stars still going to retain the highest probability of high quality planets, like "eden" worlds, as in GC2? Can modders fiddle with this feature (in xml)?
3) Will Gal Civ 3 feature a way in game setup to vary bonus resources in space (e.g. ascension crystals, precursor relics), on or off and/or set their frequency of occurrence? Can modders play around with this and maybe introduce their own new resources?
Concerning ships/fleets of allied civs in game play:
4) Can ships of allied civilizations occupy/move through the same hex together?
5) Can there be a way for the Player to add ally ships to his fleet by diplomatic agreement, not purchase, and then return the surviving ally ships to AI control if diplomatic conditions change? (E.g. with player logistics permitting, a Terran capital ship and some Terran cruisers are joined by a few Altarian and Iridium support ships, their civilizations all allied without changing ship colours and flags, unlike in ship purchase). Basically a mixed race fleet under particular diplomatic conditions, such that the player controls the whole fleet until it is destroyed, or the allies need their ships back, or alliances are broken.
Concerning Galactic Wonders and special projects and modding:
6) Will the code for the Galactic Privateer, Spin Control Center, Propaganda Machine, Re-Education Center, No Mercy Invasion Center, Mind Control Center, Orbital Command Center, and other such improvements be opened up in xml - assuming they reappear in GC3? It would be great if modders could tinker with the effects of such special improvements, and maybe create their own.
I'll probably have more questions later. I encourage other posters to add theirs