Calling All Map Makers
Do you make maps? Ever wanted to see one of your creations in a Real Time Strategy game? Now is your chance!
Stardock is working with folks in the Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation community to hold a new map design contest.
How To Enter
- Read the contest details below.
- Create your map in Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
- Upload it to a file sharing service of your choice.
- Submit it as a reply to this thread.
This contest is open to users from all around the globe.
There are two primary requirements to be eligible to participate in the competition:
- All entries MUST be submitted before 6 PM EDT, August 12. 2018.
- All entries must be original, (cannot be duplicate of any current map)
- Any entry that appears to violate any copyright or other IP rights will be rejected at Stardock's discretion.
- No vulgar or harassing submissions will be accepted.
- All entries must be able to be successfully imported into Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation.
- Each player can only submit 1 map.
Rights & Ownership
- The author of an entry agrees to grant Stardock a perpetual right to use, modify, and redistribute the map in any Stardock product or promotion as they see fit.
- 4v4 map
- Large/medium size
- Must not exclude any playstyles, rush, eco and defence must all be possibilities
- Mountains must be used at all the edges of the map (like every map in ashes)
- No effects
- Map preview is nice if implemented but not a requirement
- To be AI-compatible all nodes must be connected and accessible by ground armies.
- All contest entries are reviewed upon submission by the community event organizers. Not all entries are guaranteed to be accepted into the competition.
- The winner has a chance of seeing their map in Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation.
- 1 Steam key for any Stardock game except for Star Control: Origins
- Judges will be Stardock or/and community members that have not participated in the contest
- Map will be judged for three criteria; Aesthetics, Balance and Gameplay
- Stardock reserves the right to modify these rules at its discretion.
Cancellation of Event
- This event must have at least 2 entries to be considered viable.
Law and Venue
- This Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. To the maximum extent afforded under the law, the parties hereby agree upon, and submit to, the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for all lawsuits arising from or related to this Agreement (or the performance of a party hereunder) of the Michigan Courts located in Oakland County, Michigan, and to the Federal Courts of the United States of America located in Wayne County, Michigan. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.