Conspicuous Consumption brings cosmetic
upgrades for advanced buildings
Add some flare to your game with custom art, animations, and audio lines.
Check out the changelog at the bottom of the post to learn more about the update!
Check out the new building versions:
- Hacker Array: Well, it ain't Vegas, but it'll have to do. Take your chances and make luck your mistress while styling the goofy roulette version, or embrace the retro feel with an old-style radio tower.
- Offworld Market: The colors, Duke, the colors! Launch your goods offworld and hope the popsicle rocket doesn't melt, or change to a sleek retro rocket to make your opponents envious of your sweet ride.
- Pleasure Dome: Disco Inferno, baby! Tear up the dance floor inside a giant disco ball, or leave your platform shoes at home and enjoy some space burgers at a retro-styled diner. Just...don't order the special.
- Optimization Center: Careful not to burst anyone's bubble while you optimize your resources in a silly bubble machine, or give your opponents a little shock with the retro-styled Tesla coil.
- Patent Lab: Research some science inside a giant Rubik's cube (we DARE you not to get distracted trying to match the sides!), or get ahead of your opponents in a building that looks suspiciously like the robot's head from "Forbidden Planet."
Take advantage of the Stardock Community Discount and get 10% off when you buy direct from us!
Available for purchase on Steam
To learn more about Offworld Trading Company, visit www.offworldgame.com
Patch 1.16.17762 adds 4k support and a large number of UI optimizations to Offworld Trading company. The team also continues to support the game with balance, stability and performance updates to continue to improve the game for all players.
- Increased profit from Elite Pleasure Domes by +50%
- Return Claim black market now gives 2 items
- Patent time penalty is lowered with >4 players.
- Lowered base market demand slightly
- Fixed some AI sabotage bugs and AI is less likely to target human in Practice Challenges
- Fixing built-in mods failing to register on start up
- Buying out an unfounded player no longer gives them shares after they found
- Fixing bug where loading a map doesn't check if a mod is required.
- Fixing replay's overwriting previous match history
- Fixed an issue where some text elements were not updating due to being enabled and disabled in one frame
- Disabling claim canceling in the last two tutorials to fix a bug related to doing that.
- Fixing strange map number return on the infinite challenge screen
- Fixing issue with lobbies not refreshing properly because Steam thought we were still in a mod
- Optimizing Tile network message performance by 2x
- Reduced network message sizes by 50%
- Loaded games now wait for the loading screen to finish before progressing
- Optimizing AI found performance by 2x
- Added 4k support
- Game Option size is no longer hard-coded
- Fixed random prices bug, added warning when player has X% of the money to buy you out
- Added Options Toggle for muting the menu music when application is out of focus
- Made location nodes on io appear less blurry
- Adjusted ceres lighting fog
- Made sure Banner Notification scales uniformly as it animates in and out
- Fixed splotchy outline text on banner notifications by scaling uniformly
- Added higher poly version of io
- Adjusted scaling for glowing text on tutorial check buttons
- Adjusted "Compare Players" text to scale correctly in the charts and graphs screen
- Added layout element to pagination text on daily and infinite map challenge pages so they scale properly
- Slight adjustment to Infinite Map Challenge updating leaderboard current page (so it stays the same when a button is pressed, and switches to first page onEnable)
- Fixed scaling issues for the auto sell indicator and the espionage arrows
- Patents now highlight for perks in campaign mode
- Clicking on the Infinite Map Challenge Leaders will now take you to that map number
- Mod dropdown menus now have tooltips so users can read long mod names
- Adjusted credit text and unity image to scale with larger monitors
- Changed width of object so the help button (campaign screen) would display onscreen in 1920x1080 and other resolutions
- Fixed alignment of banner notification text
- Styling Loading Screen progress bars
- Adjusted auto sell icon to scale with aspect to prevent squishing
- New text-tutorial info regarding placement of scientific buildings on ice (text provided by Dorian)
- Fixed tooltip blocking map number for infinite map challenge