I just had a few questions that I cannot really seem to find an answer to elsewhere, though might have missed them.
1) What is the point of a lot of those extra resources you find? I get that when you build on them you get a nice boost, and I think a few galactic buildings require them, but outside of that, not sure the point. Artocarpus even talks about being good food/aphrodisiac and yet they do nothing at all (can't be used like food, doesn't increase pop growth outside of planet it is on).
2) What value does AI put on primary resources? Sometimes one will be huge value to the AI, but I cannot seem to see a logical reason. I would assume any they don't have is worth more than ones they do, but sometimes they have 0 and still don't care about one, other times they have a few and love getting one more.
3) If I see a spy is on one of my buildings and I just destroy the building, does it kill the spy? Instead of wasting a citizen to counter it, I don't mind rebuilding sometimes. Also, can I tell who sent that spy? I know their name, but not sure how to know their faction.
4) Does the AI target human for just being human like many games? I didn't think before, but found a lot of spies on my planets of late, seems more than one AI is sending them, and I am moderate powered (neither strong nor weak).
5) Is it just me or do the planet layouts now suck? I remember before often finding planets where there are plenty of spaces for adjacency, while now I keep getting even 12-15 planets where only 3-4 tiles touch, and even these are not very clustered. I also get the majority of my planets with my capitol in either a lone hex or one only adjacent to another single hex. Sure, later I can improve the tiles around, but early game this is devastating.
6) Why am I able to build a second Central Bank? I have one built and another one queued to be built.
7) What value does "The Orgot" now offer? It is a mercenary ship that builds a starbase with 10 free modules. Great when you would need multiple constructors to do that, but now, when it costs 3200 to purchase and the upgrades are around 50-100... not worth it.
8) Farms get you food, but adjacency bonus does...? +1 level to population doesn't make sense since it doesn't directly give you population anymore... only food.
9) Population growth, only really through cities? +8 is great, but getting much approval bonuses is hard, a lot of my approval is 4.3-5.3 on plants, so pop 4 is fine, but going from 4 to 12 would tank it. Any other approval boosts or pop growth that is smaller I am missing?
10) Is the beta hot patch not at all save game compatible? Seems a number of fixes aren't... fixed.
Thanks for any questions you can answer . I know some are probably dumb or simple ones I missed, but I am just not seeing it.