Hi fellow GC3 lovers,
Just wondering about the following:
- Is there any point to weapons specialisation? Isn't it better to build ships that have a good mix of all the weapons and defences?
- Related to the above: if you do specialise in weapons and find the AI is using techs that beat your ships, it would take many many turns to research the techs you need and then pump out the new designs. By which time the AI has beat you back. Another reason not to specialise?
- Has anyone seen the AI ruthlessly and continually invade player worlds one after another until the player is completely defeated? I.e. does the AI ever make a coordinated and concerted invasion plan against the player? I've not heard of it yet.
- Do you think we will see more and better diplomacy options in the future, e.g. the option to say "get out of my territory"? Or the abilty to broker peace deals?
- Do you think the AI even *can be* improved in future, e.g. regarding the invasion campaign mentioned above or e.g. for the AI to stop declaring war one turn and then asking for peace the very next turn!
- If you start off your game with a vessel that has an impressive sensor module onboard and which can go outside the range of all your other subsequent ships (until you develop the tech) - wouldn;t you build all your subsequent ships with these technologies - i.e. why do you have to reinvent the wheel?
- I refuse to believe that Mars would not be colonised by the time humans had invented the hyperdrive (ditto the planets in the AI factions' home solar systems)
Well, I think that's all I'm wondering about for now, no doubt I'll come up with more another time.
Thanks for any thoughts on the above