Ok, played a dozen games between yesterday and this morning, so here are some thoughts:
- UI Performance drops like crazy in endgame (offworld + having absorbed other players). There is a huge delay in operating the UI, like opening the research/offworld/hacker interfaces. Very possibly you have a memory leak.
- Robotics have a huge advantage, as they can produce food and sell it, which the game loves to buy at excessive prices (I had 4 hydroponic farms and bought out 4 players with just the cash I got from it).
- There should be a penalty for building the expansion on top of mineral, not a bonus. In a couple games there was just 3 tiles of iron, all packed together. A quick player saw that and built on top of it, gaining a good amount of starting iron. Noone else could make steel cheaply for the rest of the game.
- I understand it is a lot to ask, but I would prioritize adding a host migration system. Or at least a message on the lobby that says something on the lines "Match host is the server. If host leaves, the game ends".
- Electronics are too easy to produce, with a major boost to the economy
- Buying stock can be done too early. T2 in some cases. I suggest putting a cap or making it more expensive, extending the game duration. Maybe T4-T5? If so, offworld trading could provide even more cash, as it's usually a race to get there.
As a Unity developer myself I can provide some more tech-y suggestions, so feel free to send me a PM with a skype username and we can discuss
Lastly, what Unity version and UI package do you use? NGUI? UGUI? In-house? It might be the reason for slowness...