speed, mass, rate of fire, weapons range, accuracy and evasion are now officially a part of the game now, and is satisfactory for the vanilla version of the game.
Guess it is time to fabricate some facts right now.
Crystal Optics should be a technology. Why?
1) Beam weapons have their own category
2) Crystal optics clearly would be useful for telescopes and such
3) More elaborate tech tree
Mirror Improvements (Tech). Why?
1) I'm firing my lasor
2) I'm firing my Phasor
3) I'm firing Death Ray
Lasers Weapons (ultra classic)
Mass: None (light particles)
Rate of fire: Fast-fastest (improved mirrors II and III)
Weapon Range: Medium
Accuracy: Medium-High (crystal optics II)
Required Tech: Crystal optics, improved mirrors
Magnetism should be a technology in the game, and why should it be a technology may you ask?
1) Magnets are required for plasma technology to even function (required for plasma weapons)
2) Magnets could also reduce the cost of almost anything in the empire such as the economy (improves traffic in urban areas and improving tourism and economy, increase industrial productivity, and decrease the cost for effective mass driver weapons (maybe even required for the bigger mass driver weapons)
3) Magnets are universally useful and important even to space faring civilizations.
Plasma Weapons: (Classic GalCiv tech)
Rate of fire: Medium
Weapon range: Short
Required Tech: Plasma Weapons I, Magnetism